Therapeutic massage involves the manipulation of the soft tissue (muscle, connective tissue, tendons and ligaments) to enhance a person’s health and well-being.
Benefits of massage include (but are not limited to):
- Relieves stress, tension, spasms and pain
- Reduces mental and physical fatigue
- Makes muscles and joints more pliable, increases range of motion
- Prevents or relieves post exercise soreness
- Improves circulation and digestive functions
- Tones facial skin and prevents blemishes
- Relieves headaches, eyestrain, insomnia and joint pain
- Promotes healing
- Renews a sense of wellbeing
There are dozens of types of massage therapy methods (also called modalities). The practitioners at VITALITY: a center for wellbeing practice some/all of the following modalities:
- Swedish massage
- Trigger point massage
- Myofacial release
- Stone massage
Massage is for everyone! You and your therapist can decide what treatment(s)will best meet your needs.
Getting started with your therapist:
At your first appointment, you will complete any necessary intake forms, (if you haven’t already) and discuss any pertinent information with your therapist. Then, together you will agree on therapeutic goals for your treatment session.